Ohm's law problems

Example 1: A resistor has a resistance of 100 ohms. If a voltage of 5 volts is applied across it, what is the current flowing through the resistor?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the current as I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get I = 5/100 = 0.05 amperes.

Example 2: A circuit has a current of 2 amperes flowing through it. If the resistance of the circuit is 50 ohms, what is the voltage across the circuit?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the voltage as V = IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get V = 2 x 50 = 100 volts.

Example 3: A circuit has a voltage of 12 volts across it. If the resistance of the circuit is 4 ohms, what is the current flowing through the circuit?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the current as I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get I = 12/4 = 3 amperes.

Example 4: A resistor has a resistance of 20 ohms and a current of 0.5 amperes flowing through it. What is the voltage across the resistor?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the voltage as V = IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get V = 0.5 x 20 = 10 volts.

Example 5: A circuit has a resistance of 10 ohms and a voltage of 20 volts is applied across it. What is the current flowing through the circuit?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the current as I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get I = 20/10 = 2 amperes.

Example 6: A resistor has a voltage of 6 volts across it and a current of 0.3 amperes flowing through it. What is the resistance of the resistor?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the resistance as R = V/I, where R is the resistance, V is the voltage, and I is the current. Plugging in the given values, we get R = 6/0.3 = 20 ohms.

Example 7: A circuit has a current of 1 ampere flowing through it and a resistance of 30 ohms. What voltage is required to be applied across the circuit?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the voltage as V = IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get V = 1 x 30 = 30 volts.

Example 8: A circuit has a voltage of 12 volts applied across it and a resistance of 8 ohms. What is the power dissipated in the circuit?

Solution: Using Ohm's law, we can calculate the current as I = V/R, where I is the current, V is the voltage, and R is the resistance. Plugging in the given values, we get I = 12/8 = 1.5 amperes. We can then calculate the power dissipated in the circuit as P = VI, where P is the power, V is the voltage, and I is the current. Plugging in the values, we get P = 12 x 1.5 = 18 watts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Second Law of Thermodynamics: Entropy and the Arrow of Time

Heat Engines and the Carnot Cycle: Unlocking the Efficiency of Energy Conversion

Phase Transitions: The Dance of Matter and Energy